Top 10 Benefits of Vitamin C
Vitamin C is a vitamin that is not produced by the body, but we can get it from supplements or our diet. We can get vitamin C from citrus fruits. Oranges are rich in vitamin C. It has an essential role in our bodies. It plays an important role in repairing body tissues and other various enzymatic production.
In our diet and ingested through oral supplements, our skin reaps the biggest benefits. Vitamin C is available in a serum or cream, which is the top best ingredient for skin.
This is a skin care product packed with Vitamin C consisting of liquid or gel. If you consult any dermatologist, he/she will directly recommend you like a skincare legend. It can give you brighter, smoother and glowing skin because of collagen and antioxidant boosting properties.
Benefits of Vitamin C for Skin care:
- Vitamin C gives your skin a radiant glow
- Vitamin C supports skin
- Best Nutrition Source
- Reduce under eye circles
- Essential for Collagen production
- Combating Treats Hyperpigmentation
- Lessening Redness in skin
- Prevents Skin Sagging
- Reducing the face wrinkles
- Prevents premature aging
1. Vitamin C gives your skin a radiant glow
Vitamin C serum gives your face and skin a radiant glow. Ethyl Ascorbic Acid is present in Vitamin C serum, a water-soluble derivative of vitamin C that reduces wrinkles, improves collagen synthesis, and has antioxidant effects.
It gives better stability to the skin and it does not have any irritating effect as well. It has anti-ageing ingredients that remove dead skin cells, prevents breakouts, and also lessens the appearance of acne scars for the long term.
To increase the skin glow and finish the dark spots, pomegranate stem cells synergy with vitamin C. Vitamin C prevents the growth of bacteria and has antioxidant properties. It also protects our skin from sun damage. It gives nourishment and texture improvement to our skin.
It is suitable and beneficial for all types of skin.
For Sensitive Skin: The Vitamin C serum is a key concentration for beginners, who use it for the first time and have a sensitive skin type. Helps protect skin from air pollutants.
Dr. Kaveri also suggests best benefits of Vitamin C, She mentioned that Vitamin C serum is best to stick on sensitive skin which contains L-ascorbic acid with between below concentration 8% to 10% of acid. It also aids in protecting our skin against any free radical damage.
For Mature Skin: Major benefits of Vitamin C for mature skin is to help in eliminating dark skin spots. It is vital to maintain a consistent skin tone. If you want your skin to look best, then the usage of vitamin C is important.
For Normal Skin: It increases the natural light on your skin, which protects your skin against sun-free radicals and gives a radiant glow.
For Oily Skin: it is a light and powerful antioxidant that oily acne-prone skin can benefit from majorly. It helps to treat damaged skin and inflammation associated with acne.
2. Vitamin C supports skin care
High concentration of Vitamin C in the skin has multiple functions which are totally related to skin care. The important biological functions are as below;
- Makes collagen, which is used to keep our skin fresh and flat.
- Heal any kind of wound.
- Prevents damaged skin, maintains, and repairs cartilage.
- It abolishes the face wrinkles and irregular fine lines.
- Gives a bright glow to your skin.
- It improves skin tone.
- It lessens the appearance of dark spots on our skin.
- It reduces the chances of premature aging.
3. Vitamin C Nutrition Source
Vitamin C is water soluble that dissolves in water and transfers into the body tissues. You must intake vitamin C supplements daily. Nutritionists recognize the Vitamin C in citrus fruits, which prevents scurvy disease. It plays an important role in wound healing and helps make different hormones in the brain and nerves.
Vegetables and fruits are best sources of Vitamin C:
- Oranges, lemons and grapes etc.
- Cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli vegetables
- White potatoes
4. Reduce under eye circles
The Best Benefits of Vitamin C serum is to helps to make your skin refreshing and hydrating around your eyes. It also reduces skin redness. It is a great antioxidant, helps to illuminate skin under the eyes and removes unwanted fine lines. You will be able to see its effect within two days only. Vitamin C strengthens the skin as well.
Vitamin C protects skin cells from ultraviolet radiation, which can damage skin cells. It also reduces the melanin production in the skin, as well as lightens the skin and enhances the skin radiance.
Use vitamin C serum twice a day, not more than twice per day; it will increase face blackheads and create skin irritation and breakouts as well.
5. Essential for Collagen production
Collagen is an essential protein which is needed by the body to look young and healthy. Vitamin C is very important for the production of collagen. In scurvy disease, it plays an important role in wound healing. If the body does not produce collagen protein, it causes wrinkles and stiff joints. Collagen is found in muscles, bones, tendons, blood vessels, and also in the digestive system.
The Benefits of Vitamin C serum can be taken as a supplement serum and is also found in many foods as well, such as green leafy vegetables. Papaya, strawberries are rich in Vitamin C.
Here are some healthy benefits of Vitamin C improving Collagen for your skin, which are as follows:
- Naturally lost through aging will be replaced by the help of collagen-containing supplements. I-e Vitamin C supplements.
- Our body can easily digest collagen protein from chicken or beef as well.
- It helps to boost and smooth the wrinkles and elasticity in our skin.
- Collagen helps to lessen joint aches and pain.
- Taking oral supplements containing collagen may increase gut health.
- Collagen will help keep our blood organs and heart healthy.
- Collagen peptides can keep your bones healthy.
- It reduces the chances of joint or bone disease.
6. Combats Hyperpigmentation
The key benefits of Vitamin C is that, it neutralizes free radicals. Which helps to reduce dark spot formation. An enzyme that helps to inhibit melanin production without your skin lightening is the tyrosinase inhibitor enzyme.
- It is a very effective anti-pigmentation agent.
- Hyperpigmentation is a skin disorder in which the skin varies in color and size.
- It is caused by hormonal changes, sun exposure, aging, and different conditions of skin.
- Vitamin C treats hyperpigmentation by having antioxidant properties and inhibition of melanin production.
- Hyperpigmentation treatments include vitamin C serum and supplements of vitamin C in high concentrations.
7. Lessening Redness in skin
Redness on our skin looks annoying, Maybe it is due to health issues, and some sort of irritation and discomfort. Face skin redness is caused by any skin sensitivity, acne, and rosacea etc.
Vitamin C acts as an anti-inflammatory agent having antioxidant capacity. It soothes our skin and reduces skin puffiness and keeps skin shining ever.
Vitamin C acts as an Anti-inflammatory agent in the following ways:
- Vitamin C neutralizes free radicals which cause oxidative damages.
- Vitamin C optimizes the immune system to avoid any kind of inflammatory immune responses.
- Vitamin C lessens the redness of skin, dark spots, irritation, and smooths skin tone.
8. Vitamin C Prevents Skin Sagging
Vitamin C plays an important role in preventing skin sagging. For skin elasticity and firmness, collagen plays a major role. The skin begins to sag when collagen levels start to drop.
When we use Vitamin C serum, it increases collagen synthesis, which improves the skin's appearance. Skin sagging is due to natural aging, environmental stress, and extreme weight loss.
Vitamin C helps you reduce the appearance of sagging skin to make it firmer and even-toned..
9. Helps speed up Wound Healing
When skin is burnt and affected by sunburn, vitamin C can boost wound healing. Healing and reduces the risk of inflammation, infection, and extra face scaring.
Vitamin C supplements have great effects on gene expression in human fibroblasts cells such as:
- Vitamin C increases stimulation of mitogens and proliferation of cells.
- By consumption of energy, it increases the motility of cells and spontaneous movements of cells from one location to another.
- Vitamin C quickly repairs or damages DNA bases.
Vitamin C increases collagen production and collagen has a great role in wound healing.
10. Vitamin C prevents premature aging
Vitamin C diminishes the ability to prevent premature aging, which is caused by sun exposure, smoking, or any kind of environmental stress. The key role of Vitamin C is protecting skin function deficiency which is caused by the sun and any other skin problems like signs of scurvy that are fragile and wound healing etc.
Deficiency of vitamin C impaired functions but vitamin C can never be measured. However, we can get information and improve our understanding of the benefits for healthy skin and protection of your skin from aging related changes.
Side Effects of Vitamin C Deficiency:
- When we are exposed to any environmental risks, factors like smoking, poor diet, and more exposure to UV radiation cause premature aging.
- Using different types of treatments against skin damage which helps to regenerate the collagen and elastic fiber system.
- To keep away from above effects and to reduce above effects, there is a great role of vitamin C which helps in reducing premature skin aging.
Vitamin C is very essential for all human beings for their health and skin. Vitamin C cannot be produced by our body itself, but we can get it from diet or serum and supplements. It has more benefits in our body and is safe for all skin types. Vitamin C is beneficial for skin hydration, brightening, reducing redness, reducing hyperpigmentation and also lessening the under-eye dark circles and wrinkles on our face.