10 Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Dead Skin Cells From The Scalp
Sometimes, dead skin cells become a major problem for your skin health. Although, it is a natural process that our body creates new cells and sloughs away the useless and dead cells.
But in some circumstances, due to some reasons, these dead cells remain stuck on your skin which may cause many skin-related problems.
For example, if dead skin cells build up and get stuck on your scalp, it will lead to dry, rough, dull, and irritated skin.
Dead skin cells on the scalp are also a crucial issue that requires attention to be solved. Many people suffer from this problem: they have dead skin cells on the head that cause dry, rough, and unhealthy hair.
In addition, the dead cells on the scalp make a reason for hair loss and many other hair problems. In this article, we will discuss the causes of dead skin cells and their impacts on your skin and head.
Here, the reasons for dead skin cells building up on your scalp and the solution to remove and eradicate dead skin cells will be discussed in detail. If you have this problem and want to solve this naturally, then here you will get ten natural ways to get rid of dead skin cells from the scalp that may be helpful for you in this regard.
10 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Dead Skin Cells on Scalp
If you are suffering from a dead skin cells problem on your scalp, you must be thinking about how to remove dead skin cells from the scalp. Now we will discuss the ten natural ways that can help get rid of dead skin cells from the scalp.
However, you can deal with this issue after understanding its causes and the proper treatments that are being suggested here.
With the proper care of the scalp and without knowing the root causes of the dead cells, you will not be able to tackle this problem.
- Exfoliation of Scalp
- Brown Sugar and Oatmeal Scrub
- Aspirin Scrub
- Coconut Oil
- Aloe Vera
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Baking Soda
- Clean your Scalp
1. Exfoliation of Scalp
Scalp exfoliation means exfoliating your scalp by using different exfoliating methods to get rid of dead cells, dandruff, and oil. Experts believe that regular scalp exfoliation can be a key to shinier, healthier hair from the roots to the tips.
Scalp exfoliation is especially beneficial for dry skin, dandruff, and oily hair. Scalp exfoliation can be done on wet or only shampooed hair. Exfoliation has different natural, physical and chemical methods to make the scalp exfoliated and freed from dead skin cells.
2. Brown Sugar and Oatmeal Scrub
Brown sugar and oatmeal scrub are beneficial for scalp health, and it helps remove dead skin cells from the scalp. These have unique qualities and ingredients enriched with the essentials that can make your scalp free from dead cells.
How to make it?
To make brown sugar and oatmeal scrub, you can follow this procedure.
- Take two tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Then two tablespoons of oatmeal, finely ground.
- Add two tablespoons of hair conditioner that you are using
- After washing your head, use this mixture on your hair. The mixture needs to reach the scalp. It will be helpful for the shedding of dead cells.
3. Aspirin Scrub
Aspirin contains salicylic acid that helps remove dead cells from your scalp. Light scrubbing of it will be helpful in physically removing the dead cells.
How to Use
- Mix 6 to 8 Aspirin in four tablespoons of warm water
- Use a soft brush to apply the scrub to the scalp.
- Rinse thoroughly; wash your head and scalp with shampoo.
4. Coconut Oil
If you have dandruff in your head due to dead cells, then coconut oil is a better remedy for removing dandruff and dead cells from your head. Coconut oil prevents dryness and removes dandruff and other head and scalp-related problems like the build-up of dead cells on the scalp.
If you love to do hair therapy you can go for these excellent oils for healthy hair growth.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is commonly used for skin purposes; it is also beneficial for hair and your scalp. Aloe Vera can reduce inflammation and dandruff on your scalp and head. So some research is required on how it gives satisfactory results for your head and gets rid of dead cells.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a treatment that has many health and skin benefits, and it is also helpful in shedding dead skin cells from your scalp. In addition, apple cider vinegar helps maintain the pH of your skin. It is also a useful remedy for getting rid of dandruff.
Omega-3s are helpful for skin health. They prevent premature aging, hair fall, and dandruff and help remove dead skin cells. Conversely, the deficiency of omega-3s can cause many skin problems like dry scalp skin, dry hair, and even dandruff. Therefore, the balanced presence of omega-3s in your body is required for your healthy hair.
Probiotics can enhance the immune system that may help your body and scalp skin fight against fungal infections, which is the reason for different skin problems.
In addition, research shows that taking probiotics for several days helps get rid of hair problems resulting from dead skin cells on the scalp.
9. Baking Soda
It is believed that baking soda works as a gentle exfoliant to remove dead skin cells from your scalp. It is also considered a remedy for removing dandruff.
To get rid of dead skin cells and dandruff, apply baking soda to your wet head and massage your scalp gently. After that, wash your head; you will see positive results.
10. Clean your Scalp
Proper cleaning and cleansing of the scalp and head are necessary for getting rid of dead skin cells from the head. However, not proper cleansing of scalp skin may prevent the shedding of dead skin cells from your scalp. Therefore, you must be aware of your head cleaning.
You can also use Vince Perfect Impact Men Shampoo to clean your head and scalp to remove dead skin cells from your head.
What Causes Dead Skin Cells to Build upon the Scalp?
Dead cells can be on any part of the body, but they are mostly found on the face, hands, scalp, and the inner thighs & knees.
If you have the issue of dead skin cells on the scalp, they will cause many problems for your hair and scalp skin.
If you are suffering and facing this problem, you should know about the root cause of dead skin cells on the head and their reasons for occurrence on your scalp.
Here, you will get major reasons that take part in the build-up of dead cells on the scalp or head.
- If you do not cleanse your hair properly, it may cause dead cells to build on your scalp.
- Cleansing and washing hair three times a week makes your hair long-lasting, and your scalp skin will remain healthy and productive for originating new skin cells.
- Aging can also be a reason for dead skin cells building up on your head because when we get old, the desquamation process in our body slows down, and the process of hydration also slows down. Therefore, due to this reason, sufficient oil cannot be produced on the skin, and our scalp skin becomes rough and dry, and then dead skin cells build up on our scalp.
- Excessive use of different Hair products can also be a cause of dead cells building on the head. For example, if you commonly use hair products to shine or beautify your hair, it may not be possible for dead cells to be shed away from your scalp. Therefore, you should pay attention to your hair products if you are in a problem with dead cells building up on the scalp.
- Exfoliation of the scalp is considered necessary to keep your scalp healthy and proactive. If you do not exfoliate your head, it can be the reason for dead skin cells build-up on your scalp.
- Some environmental issues can also be the reason for the building up of dead skin cells on your head or scalp. For example, if you are working or have a duty in a hot area, where sweat production occurs mainly on the scalp, and the dust particles are present in that atmosphere, then it can be an easy way of building up the dead cells on the head.
What is meant by Dead Skin Cells?
You may be thinking about what are dead skin cells and why they are known as dead cells? How do normal cells reach the destination of dead cells, and what are the impacts of dead cells on our skin and health?
There are millions of cells in our body, and they have a specific life cycle. Our skin has different layers, and the cycle of cells is from the inner layers of our skin to the outermost layer. A cell usually takes a month to complete its life cycle from the inner skin layer to the outermost.
When a cell reaches the outermost layer of the skin, it dies and is shed from our skin, and then other healthy cells are produced in its place. This process is known as the desquamation process. And these cells are called dead skin cells.
It is essential for these cells that, when they die, they need to be shed away from our skin. If they remain stuck in our face or skin, they will cause many skin problems. So, to develop pure and healthy skin, we make sure that all dead cells have been removed from our skin or affected areas.
This article has briefly discussed the genuine causes of dead skin cells building up on your scalp or head and how we can remove dead skin cells from your head. We also discussed ten natural and easy methods that help remove dead cells from your head.